[OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:27:12 -0800
He does say 3 smaller sensors and mentions that as the reason for the
dust shaker window. So three would have to fit into the space of one
along with some sort of prism light splitter. 3- 2/3 sensors?  The
noise level in a 4/3 sensor is much lower than a 2/3 and I doubt that
averaging would help much considering the lower light levels and the
smaller pixel sites.

One interesting thing that Nikon did with the Coolpixes was to use a
CMY filter instead of RGB. They are less dense and allow more light
to the sensor reducing noise. I think they gave it up starting with
the 8400/8800 series probably because the digicam market was just so
competitive that it was too expensive to do a custom filter and
cheaper to just take the one Sony provided.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA