[OM] Re: The Internet is evil, evil, evil, I tell you!

Subject: [OM] Re: The Internet is evil, evil, evil, I tell you!
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:23:52 GMT
In message
<120620051600.15532.4395B5A3000CD67300003CAC2158766755020E03970E990708@xxxxxxx>
          hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman) wrote:

> Is there anyone here who can honestly say that the amount of gear they have
> today is no greater because of the Internet than it would be if it had
> never been invented?  Gee, thanks, Al.

Um.. Let me think... Nope - here's a brief list of the Oly cameras and addons
I've had thus far, in roughly the order I got them:
  Olympus Trip 35 - my mother's old camera. Lovely little 35mm compact.

  Olympus OM-10 - my first SLR. Got that, a 50mm Zuiko and a Tokina 80-200
(IIRC - I'm not pulling it out of the cupboard to check..) as a birthday
present from my Mum. "It's about time you had a decent camera", she said. I
agreed :). Ended up buying a Cobra Auto210 flash and a cable release for it.

  Olympus Winder 1 - bought from a local camera shop. Later sold on eBay.

  Olympus Winder 2 - IIRC I got this from Piers Hemy. Shame my flash can't
keep up with it.. will have to sort that..

  Olympus C-120 - my first proper digicam. Bought it because A) it was an
Oly, B) because it emulates a USB Flashdrive, no drivers necessary, C) as a
result of B, it's Linux compatible.

  Olympus OM-4 - Got this from Piers. Just finished my first roll of film,
which is getting dropped off for developing tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

  Some days I wonder if I've got too much Olympus gear, but I always come to
the same conclusion - "That's impossible". :)
  Then again, there's still time.. I've thus far resisted buying OM gear off
Ebay, but I'm not sure if I can resist for much longer :)

  I've also been playing around with disposable cameras recently (though not
as a replacement for the OM). I've started keeping a Kodak FunFlash in my
coat pocket "just in case". They're refillable (though I guess Kodak would
prefer you didn't) and cheap. And handy for that inevitable situation where
the OM is in the car and you spot what could be the "perfect shot".
  I used to carry around a digicam, but Sod's Law dictated that the battery
was always dead right when I needed it. Hence the swap to the Funflash.

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB