[OM] Re: cable release for E1?

Subject: [OM] Re: cable release for E1?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 07:52:41 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2005 12:50:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxx writes:

I'm not  about to stand, crouch, squat, lean, sit, or lie with my hand on the
camera  and my finger on the shutter release for 10 minutes, or more, waiting
on some  anticipated event to occur.

And a bit of advice for those who buy one of these . . . I've taken a  rubber
band and wrapped around the cable after bunching a bit of it  up.  This does
two things.  It shortens the cord and allows me to slip  the bunched up part
over one of the knobs on my ball head (the quick release  one).  You might not
see the value in this, however the first one of these  I bought got stepped on
and that sheared the connector off right at the  body.  I was in the middle
of a week long shoot in a relatively remote  area.  Not having the release when
you are use to having one is a  PITA.  Bill Barber