[OM] Re: e-1 or om4-ti

Subject: [OM] Re: e-1 or om4-ti
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:54:52 -0800
Kem,

Over the last couple years I've moved out of a Nikon system and back
into OM's. I have a mint black FE2 I've been meaning to put up on
"the auction site," as well as several lenses to go with it. If you
want to try that system,
let's say...
FE2 - $275
-16/3.5 AI - EX+ - $400 in box w/instructions
-24/2.8 AIS - EX - $125 w/caps
-75-150 Series E  - $100 w/caps,  loose, but a classic lens

Probably have a few filters and such too.

I'm keeping my FG, 50/1.8 Series E, a flash and MDE, because they
were my dad's. And the FG is pretty close to a OM-2sp.

In comparison to the OMs and Zuikos, the Nikons and Nikkors will
always be less expensive, and more widely available. The FE2 is a
very nice camera. I bought it because it was the closest thing I
could find to the OM-1md I'd used for 20 years but had given up the
ghost...(this was before I found this list and John Hermanson, who
since repaired that OM-1md.) Advance is silky, and it's a solid,
dependable camera.

But I'm selling the FE2, aren't I, and keeping my OM-1md and OM-4ti....

Contact me off list if you're interested.

Rob in Seattle