[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars
From: Mike Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:08:58 -0500
Sigh. I'm just waiting for my '96 Golf to die. At well over 100k miles and
with the new exhaust and clutch (previous owner was apparently NOT good with
a stick) that I had to put in it, it'll have to last to at least 150k before
I even think of dumping it. Only repair that I've run into that I haven't
accepted as normal wear is my wonky instrument cluster - speedo goes out
every so often and I have to whack the dash to bring it back. But who needs
that anyway?

I guess that's kind of like my OM bodies. I want them to die, so I can
justify a badassed new system, but they keep going. And that damned 10 year
old Mitsubishi CRT monitor that really should be a nice new Apple Cinema
display...

-mike