[OM] Re: New ZD lens annouced

Subject: [OM] Re: New ZD lens annouced
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:45:45 +0000
I recall a couple of folks here expressing a desire for a macro DZ longer than
the 50/2.  I played around with both the 50/2 and 90/2 "old" Zuikos before
committing to a digital macro purchase.  My conclusion was that the 90/2, which
produces excellent results with the E-1 (see my TOPE 24), is in some
circumstances actually too long.  I found myself backing away from stuff more
than moving closer, and sometimes you can only retreat so far before something
gets in the way.  I considered the 50/2 to be more practical, and that's why I
went for the 50/2 DZ macro.  Although I have had it only a couple of weeks, I'm
quite impressed.  It's definitely another good'un and a keeper.  And it's only
$450.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from