[OM] Re: Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:24:15 -0800
James N. McBride wrote:

>I do not like ball heads for large lenses. I know a lot of people on this
>list do. I prefer a gear head (Walt's fine recommendation) when conditions
>permit.

Again, Jim has written what I think. I also picked up a geared head
based on Walt's recommendation. I much prefer it to others for any long
lens situation where rapid movement isn't required. I's just so nice and
convenient to dial in the exact coverage/composition I want.

In further deference to Walt, my Manfrotto 410 has a Cullman quick
release adapter firmly attached to its sort of odd QR plate.

Moose