[OM] Re: 50 mm 1.4 advice

Subject: [OM] Re: 50 mm 1.4 advice
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:10:37 -0800
Sorry to hear you didn't receive what you bought Mike,

It's possible the seller has a box load of 50/1.4 lenses and didn't know
that there was a difference. (A similar thing happened with a MIJ 50/1.8
lens I bought). In my case the seller replaced the lens with the one I
wanted.

If the seller doesn't have multiple lenses, it's likely he knew which was
the better lens. As a minimum he should give you a partial refund. Good luck
getting it all straightened out.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mike

I have a 50/1.4 lens of that vintage which is fine, but I wouldn't
have accepted a similar purchase from a seller; the difference
between lenses is, I understand, significant.

More to the point is that you have not been sent what you were
bidding on and I suggest that you return it to the seller.

Chris