[OM] Re: Best compact flash card

Subject: [OM] Re: Best compact flash card
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:25:26 +0800
Sometimes copy too less file can cause error in report of copy time, the
data may be still in the buffer but not fully write to the hard disk.
Pre-select of file may also copy them into the memory buffer of your
computer especially with camera maker software that you do not know what
they are doing. I always do test with 500MB-1GB for card readers, I have
tried at least three USB2.0 card readers but no one gives over 3MB/sec.

Same is true for the Epson P-2000 which directly copy file to its hard disk
and the Hyundai digital wallet I just purchased, they both copy 1GB at 7-8
minutes, which turn out to have a speed of around 2.5MB/sec only.

I didn't say all USB2.0 card readers are slow but just the few pieces I have
tried.

C.H.Ling