[OM] Re: Best compact flash card

Subject: [OM] Re: Best compact flash card
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:38:49 -0800
Ali wrote:

>While out and about on black Friday....Best Buy had a decent deal on
>Sandisk 1.0gb CF cards. However, they also had the Sandisk Ultra II
>1.0gb CF card on sale. I thought about getting an Ultra II because they
>seem to be popular these days. Is there a significant different in
>speed?

If you check the dpreveiw test, there is no difference between three
'fast' cards in the E-500.

There is lots of card performance data here
<http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007>.

He doesn't test any Oly cameras, but anything that performs close to as
fast as the cards in the dpreview test should do as well as the camera
can do.

I have a couple of Ultra IIs and have been happy with them.

Moose