[OM] OT: eBay payment advice sought

Subject: [OM] OT: eBay payment advice sought
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:39:53 -0000
Advice sought.

I'm going to bid on a relatively expensive automotive item (caravan; ca. £3000)
which I have not seen and is in Bolton.

The seller has provided the chassis number and I am going to try to check that
the van isn't stolen, but nothing is 100%.

Assuming I "win", which is fairly likely, I can pay by PayPal or by cash on
collection.

PayPal has the advantage that it can be cancelled if there's a problem, and the
transaction is traceable. But how easy is it to cancel? It means paying in
advance of seeing the van, as well.

Cash has the advantage that we can inspect the van before handing it over. But
if there's a problem 10 minutes later, getting the cash back is a non-starter.

What do experienced eBayers think, please? I'm currently PayPal-inclined.

Thanks,

Simon