[OM] Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .

Subject: [OM] Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:31:16 EST
OK, now that I have your attention, here is my blasphemous conversation and
question.  I just got back this afternoon from a week long workshop in San
Miquel de Allende, Mexico with a group 18 or so very talented photographers
from
 around the US.  Each of the others was either using Can*n or Nik*n
equipment.  The ones using digital (16 of the group, plus the 3 staff  people)
had
bunches on megapixels, features unknown to e-1 users (like multiple  exposures)
and some sort of image stabilization.  Although the tool does  not make the
image, it does sometimes help.  That being said, my images  were at least on
par
in most cases and in some cases leading the  pack.  The short comings were
generally mine and not my equipment.

My question to the Olympus digital users on the list is, "What combination
of features or lack there of would have you switch to one of the other  brands?"

My answer is based on the assumption that the e-whatever will have a more
competitive megapixel count.  The answer is, " If Can*n solves the  sensor
cleaning issue and Olympus doesn't effectively address image  stabilization,
I'm
probably out of here."  All I'd like to see is for them  to be competitive with
the state of the art in digital imaging or at least  playing on the same field
as the big boys.

What is your answer?

As an aside, I would like to report that as we were waiting for the cab to
the airport, I was burning up the last of a roll of HP 5 in my OM 2S upon which
 was mounted an 85mm f2 Zuiko.  For those who know the set up, perhaps I
should ask if there is any sweeter combination than this?  Yes, I know  we all
have our favorite OM body, but I love that 85mm.  A beautiful  lens.  Bill
Barber