[OM] Re: Strange behaviour of OM-2SP

Subject: [OM] Re: Strange behaviour of OM-2SP
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:50:21 -0800 (PST)
> I've got from the 'bay a near-mint OM-2S...
> ...but I've discovered a couple of issues:

Beware the Closet Queen OM-2S.  The OM-2S has a tarnished
reputation due to early failures.  Unfortunately, I think it is
"cycles dependent".  At this point, the shiny ones (mint) are
probably either not quite up to or past the early failure point
or in your case just flakey enough to never have gotten scuffed.

Before totally freaking out, you might want to try another set
of fresh 357 batteries if you haven't done so already.  I've
made the mistake of using other batteries in mine and the camera
seems to choke on them.

My OM-2S is still chugging away, albiet not used nearly as much
as it was before the E-1's arrival, and looking like I feel
today.  Mine is proven that there are some OM-2S bodies out
there that are not only reliable but great performers.  In fact,
I think mine will occupy a permanent spot in my bag for a while
yet.

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com