[OM] Re: Pay peanuts...

Subject: [OM] Re: Pay peanuts...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:49:06 -0600
> I've found insurance adjusters to be quite reasonable folks,
> especially if they identify you as someone interested in a fair
> settlement.  Just my experience -- there are always exceptions.
Scott,

My experiences with my insurance, both car and home from an independent
agent, have been quite good. I think that I have been with that agent and
carrier for over 30 years helps.

On the other hand, I witnessed a claims process with a friend whose mother
and grandmother were killed by a drunk driver on Thanksgiving morning. The
large (largest in USA, I think) tried in the most unethical ways to get out
of paying the claim. It was an example of corporate immorality at the peak.

Bill Pearce