[OM] E-System OM Lens adaptor - mainstream

Subject: [OM] E-System OM Lens adaptor - mainstream
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:49:55 +0000
I have just received my latest OlympusUser magazine
(www.olympuscameraclub.co.uk) and it looks pretty good.  But an
interesting bit is the indication that the lens adaptor is now
mainstream.  In a section of the magaziine called "Product Watch"
there is a small piece that goes like this:

> E-System OM Lens adaptor
>
> The Olympus OM system of 35mm SLR cameras has a reputation for
> innovation withs compact, yet robust, camera bodies and versatile
> selection of lenses.  while OM cameras and their accessories are no
> longer in production, they still command a loyal following from
> professional and amateur photographers.  Olympus has now added an
> accessory to its E-System of digital SLRs that is bound to appeal
> to dedicated OM enthusiasts.
>

> The introduction of the new MF-1 lens adaptor recognises that there
> are countless photographers who want to get into digital
> photography, but would like to continue to use their classic OM
> lenses.  OM lenses feature none of the electronic connecitons of
> today's Zuiko Digital lenses.  This restriction naturally imposes
> some limitations on the lenses when attached to E-System bodies
> using the new adaptor.  Listed among these are that the foducing on
> the OM lenses continues to be manual only, apertures are pre-set
> and, of course, their focal length gives approximately half the
> angle of the view as when they were mounted on an OM SLR body.
> Even so, the introduction of the new E-System MF-1 OM adaptor opens
> up great possibilities and breathes new life into some truly
> classic optics!

It's all a bit breathless, and presumably they meant 'selection of
versatile lenses' rather than 'versatile selection', but the
arguments for such an adaptor might easily have come from some of the
posts by the members of this List.

And the price?  Well the "Estimated high street price" is GBP99.99,
but the members of the Club get it for GBP59.99.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.