[OM] Fungal Fisheye update was - Re: a nice heartwarming picture

Subject: [OM] Fungal Fisheye update was - Re: a nice heartwarming picture
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:00:06 +0100
Fishy update - I spent last night concentrating on the simple second
element in from the rear,  I searched all lunch time for some ponds hand
creme but didn't find any so raided my wifes cupboard and eneded up with
a quite liquidy creme (with 50 percent UV protection :-)  ). I rubbed
the element with this softly at first then rinse inspect then repeat. I
did this several times until re-reading John's email and getting quite
firm with the rubbing to the point it squeaked as I rubbed.

The fungus has still not all gone but it is better than before and I can
live with it provided it doesn't get any worse. I will probably put it
back until I can find some ponds skin cream to inspect and see if its
consistency is thicker and if its different may have another go.

I am still debating on the reamost element group although I will
probably seperate them now as it looks like more air has got beteween
them and I may as well order some glue and try, But I will try and find
a tool store to see if I can find  some V blocks or similar.

Ian