[OM] Re: I quite like using the fisheye on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: I quite like using the fisheye on the E-1
From: Jim Brokaw <j.l.brokaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:13:36 -0800
on 11/7/05 1:47 AM, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It really needs to go to the lens doc. As a rare and valuable lens where
> the fungus appears not to have gotten to the point of causing image
> problems, it really should be fixed. There are folks out there with this
> lens with unusable rear elements who have been waiting and searching for
> years for replacements.
>
> Moose

Moose! You Remembered!

I'll take this as my cue to remind all the Zuikoholics that I have a 8/2.8
that has unfortunately suffered fungus-destroyed rear elements... the last
two in the element 'stack' looking from left to right, or those closest to
the film. A similarly inflicted 16/3.5 has been rejuvenated with the help of
another 16/3.5 that I got that had a somewhat scratched front element... one
good lens from two that weren't for a bit over $400. It isn't 'minty' but
the images seem to be fine.

Now I'm still interested in reviving my 8/2.8, and a $ubstantial Finder$ Fee
will be returned to anyone who can point me to either the necessary rear
elements or a donor lens.

I have to believe there is one 8/2.8 out there which slipped the surly bonds
of a hand and fell to the concrete, tarmac, brickwork, hardwood... landing
on the large, heavy front element. You can't hide from gravity. A moments
reverential pause, please.

Like an organ donor bringing life to others from personal tragedy, I'd like
to bring life to my 8/2.8 by the loving contribution of an irretrievably
deceased donor lens... won't you help? Please...?
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled list parsing...