[OM] Critter shots [was Tokina Mirror Lens]

Subject: [OM] Critter shots [was Tokina Mirror Lens]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:09:59 -0800
Wayne Culberson wrote:

>><http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Sigma600/pages/05_1682e.htm>.
>>Moose
>>

>Nice shot, and not an easy one to get.

Thanks, Wayne. What's so hard? Long lens, tripod, patience - oh, and you
do need to find a ground hog that will wander around eating while you
take its picture. :-)

Actually even then it took 16 shots to get one real keeper and a couple
of others that are ok, but nothing much. One of the blessings of digital
for me is the freedom to just keep shooting without running out of film
or worrying about the cost of all those shots. 1682 is the next to last
shot of the 16, and I probably wouldn't have made it with film, having
decided that I had used up enough film already  long before that.

I am also very happy with the squirrel shots. They were in an easier
location, elevated and separated from background, but they are much
smaller and they move very quickly, especially when in the frenzy of
mating. I thought I was very lucky to get decent shots of that
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Sigma600/pages/14_1687_fs.htm>.

Moose