[OM] Re: Cold Weather Primer

Subject: [OM] Re: Cold Weather Primer
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:02:13 -0800

>>>I love the snow and can't imagine living someplace that didn't have four
>>>seasons. Different strokes for different folks.

Well, we have four seasons. 2 weeks of summer, 2 weeks of winter and the
rest spring and fall :) And not nearly as much of the grey drizzle that
Rob mentions. The PacNW has seen much warmer winters lately which is
being blamed on global warming. Seems those nasty creatures known as
nutria (thanks a lot Fernando!!) have reached the nearby Skagit Valley
this year on their pilgimage north following the warmer weather.

By the way Rob, the Snow Geese were on Fir Island last weekend if you
have a chance to get up this way and want to dust off the big glass.
Actually there were so many and so close to the road that the 18 would
have been fine! I wish I could have stopped but we were flying low for
the ferry.

Mike