[OM] [OT] Weekenf Adventures

Subject: [OM] [OT] Weekenf Adventures
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
Don't bother to comment on the photos as for the most part they are just
snapshots using the "Program" mode except for one that needs a lot of work
(lessee if you can figure out which one it is...:).  I don't do people, because
don't have the eye for it, but have posted them for relatives so I can share a
little story some of you might enjoy also...I love legends and this is one that
I have not heard.
Last weekend I went to New Hampshire to "help" a friend of mine to winterize
his house he just built on one of the islands on lake Winnipesaukee.  All we
had to do is open a drain and wait for fifteen minutes, but it is always nice
to get together there.
On Sunday, we went to see a little church in the middle of the forest on the
same island.  Since it was raining, the trails looked like this:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=1ef1.jpg&.src=ph
and we had to go through a lot of this:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=e8c4.jpg&.src=ph
to get there.
When we arrived, I was told that there are good little ferries that live in the
forest.  People build for them little houses they like to live in.  It was in
the middle of the day and we did not see any ferries, but enjoyed looking at
the little houses scattered over the churhyard.  Here are some examples:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=5927.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=6823.jpg&.src=ph
Apparently, the people on the island like their ferries, because they provided
them with all kinds of comfort.  Someone build in the summer of 2004 a
beautiful rollercoaster, but I did not take a picture of it, because a third of
it was down.  They also thought of the baby ferries too:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=948e.jpg&.src=ph
We also thought about the upcomming cold winter and wanted to make sure that
they are comfy.  Here is little Boris' first structure:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=a714.jpg&.src=ph
Here he is excited about using materials no one else has used yet...
And here is someone very proud of what he just did, no he did not kill
anything, it is all about the structure attached to the tree next to him.
After that we had to go back home.  This is what we saw from the dock, before
we left:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=4be1&.dnm=aa6e.jpg&.src=ph
If the weather were clear, the closest hill would go as high as two thirds of
the picture.  Someone on the right side, eigthy miles away is mount Washington,
the highest peak in New England, but you need a lot of sun to see it...
I love legends and also love when people are inclined to do something good,
hope you enjoyed this ferrytale
Boris
P.S.  Feel free to browse trough the whole folder.  The other folders are for
pix that I show to my "other" friends from the "other" forum...:)
P.P.S  All pictures are 4/3 format, but no zweekos were used.  I heard a rumor
that you can attach a Zuiko, non OM one...will experiment and let you know...