[OM] Re: [photo] flower experiment

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] flower experiment
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:30:27 +0100
Richard,

I have been looking at the shot for a long time trying to think how I might
get a similar shot with autumn leaves if I were to take the Vivitar out with
me tomorrow. If I don't get anywhere with autumn leaves I will wait for the
re-emergence of spring flowers and try to steal it then if the opportunity
arises.

It is a beautiful use of colour, composition and out of focus areas.
Stunning shot!

--Graham

From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [OM] [photo] flower experiment

> This image was a bit of an experiment, shooting almost wide open through
the
> majority of the flowers, stems and leaves of an outdoor potted plant.
>
> OM-4t, Vivitar series 1 90-180/4.5, Fuji NPS 160
>
> http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/Experiment.html
>
> I'm not sure how I feel about the image... at times I like it and other
> times I feel the amount of blurred information distracts from the one
flower
> that is in focus. I'm not sure if it "works". I'll let all of you decide.
:)