[OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite portrait lens for OM
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:45:19 -0300
On 10/19/05, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PWP also allows cloning from a fixed point.  As I read the help file for
> PhotoShop I think is says it should be able to do that as well.
> However, I've never been able to get it to work.

In PS, in the toolbar (where you set opacity and flow), there's an
option called "aligned". With that checked the sample area always
moves with your brush; you set where to copy from and with your first
copy it remembers the distance from that spot for subsequent copies. I
found this confusing at first but it's really handy for when you're
removing dust and scratches; often you don't need to choose a new
sample point even as you move through the image.

If you want to copy from an absolute point in the image then just
uncheck aligned and the point will be fixed.