[OM] Re: OM 55mm f/1.2 and 50mm f1.2 FS

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 55mm f/1.2 and 50mm f1.2 FS
From: paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:50:39 +0100

NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>ebay item # 7553149609 has three images I made with an e-1 and the 55mm  f1.2
>Zuiko being sold.  These were fairly quickly captured images, however  do
>fall into your requirements.  They were captured at the lowest  resolution.
>Your
>last question reminds me of one in the recent past which  was posed about,
>"What is, is?" or something to that affect.  Do you have  "enough" money might
>be a better comparison to the question of is it sharp  "enough?" Everyone will
>have a different answer to those two questions and  some will never have
>"enough" of either.  The rest of us will have enough  when we declare it is
>"enough."  That is the good news.  The lens will  not be at its sharpest at
>f1.2 and
>many find that to be a plus when they are  doing portraits.  All that being
>said, you will have a 110mm f1.2 lens on  your e-whatever.  If you buy it
>right
>(which is implied) you should be able  to sell it later without getting hurt
>if you are not pleased with the  results.  I sold this one as I had it and two
>50mm f1.2 lenses and am  thinning out the stable a bit.  The extra 50mm f1.2
>will be on ebay soon,  unless someone on the list wants a really nice one with
>a recent CLA for $380  which includes insured shipping in the USA. Slightly
>higher  overseas.  Bill Barber

Cheers that summary Bill.  True, what does 'enough' really mean... I've
been enjoying using a 50mm f/1.8 and f/3.5 on my E-1, but have been
selling some of my Zuiko glass as I'm finding the new lenses to be
better (for me) in most instances (I know, sacrilege, but I don't have
much in the exotic OM section).

The 55mm f/1.2 is available from a reputable dealer (not ebay) for
around $260. I'm mostly interested, like you, in the possibilities of
having a very fast portrait lens. I'll do some more research on this and
then try and make a non-emotional decision ;).