[OM] Re: OM 55mm f/1.2 and 50mm f1.2 FS

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 55mm f/1.2 and 50mm f1.2 FS
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:38:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/2005 6:55:57 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Has  anyone tried this lens on an E-1 (or E-xxx for that matter)? I have
an  option of picking one up at what seems to be a reasonable price and
am  wondering if it'll be worth it (would also be used on my OM4ti, but
not as  regularly). Is it sharp enough at f/1.2?

ebay item # 7553149609 has three images I made with an e-1 and the 55mm  f1.2
Zuiko being sold.  These were fairly quickly captured images, however  do
fall into your requirements.  They were captured at the lowest  resolution.
Your
last question reminds me of one in the recent past which  was posed about,
"What is, is?" or something to that affect.  Do you have  "enough" money might
be a better comparison to the question of is it sharp  "enough?" Everyone will
have a different answer to those two questions and  some will never have
"enough" of either.  The rest of us will have enough  when we declare it is
"enough."  That is the good news.  The lens will  not be at its sharpest at
f1.2 and
many find that to be a plus when they are  doing portraits.  All that being
said, you will have a 110mm f1.2 lens on  your e-whatever.  If you buy it right
(which is implied) you should be able  to sell it later without getting hurt
if you are not pleased with the  results.  I sold this one as I had it and two
50mm f1.2 lenses and am  thinning out the stable a bit.  The extra 50mm f1.2
will be on ebay soon,  unless someone on the list wants a really nice one with
a recent CLA for $380  which includes insured shipping in the USA. Slightly
higher  overseas.  Bill Barber