[OM] Re: WOT: Film users: Questions on Bronica SQ-A camera / other 6x6 c

Subject: [OM] Re: WOT: Film users: Questions on Bronica SQ-A camera / other 6x6 cameras???
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:22:06 -0400
James, I should also mention the Mamiya C3xx series as another option. If
you get good copies of the lenses, they can represent remarkable bargains in
the current market. Some of the best prints and slides I've ever seen came
from an old C3 with standard lens. They were pet pix made by a guy I knew
who was an optical physicist. They looked three dimensional and you could
see nuances in every strand of fur. Also, a number of the shots in my
wedding 'show' album were made with the C330F I sold before buying my
Hasselblad system.
 The C3xx are about the weight and size of a tank (OK, I'm exaggerating a
bit) but not too bad to hand-hold once you get used to them. They are
excellent on a tripod. The bellows are a nice feature that overcomes the
close focus limitation of a lot of other MF SLRs.
 Of course you could go really wild and get a 6x7. Then you could crop
*down* to 6x6. ;o)
 Naturally, you'll want to make sure you can get service for anything you
buy so you may want to make sure you have that in place before buying.
Shutters on many of the older C3xx lenses are 'tired' and not worth fixing.
 hth/ScottGee1