[OM] Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove

Subject: [OM] Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:18:45 +0200
Olympus Zuiko 8mm fish eye lens. Rare. Fits OM cameras.  7549572896

I have recieved this lens however in bright light I can see what seems
to be fungal blooms behind the front element. the internal filters are
also quite dirty and the front has marks like it has been in a vice.
None seem to affect operation, but I am concerned that the blooms will
grow - is this likely.

There have been other dramas on the home front, what should have been
the happy birth of our son has not been, he is very poorly and in
intensive care so the lens doesn't seem so important at the moment.

however in an effort for some time away from the home drama I wonder
whats the lists opinion on what I should do. I have emailed the seller
to inform him of the blooms but have had no reply as yet, but he has
been slow in general so not worried yet.

How difficult is it to remove and clean the front element. does it have
to be realigned properly.

It also doesn't seem to meter well on the OM3ti not tried it on the 10
yet but it seems to works okay on the E1.

I guess the filter unit is easily removed and cleaned (two screws) but I
don't want to touch it until I hear from the seller.

It was described as mint but I don't feel it is quite so.