[OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:43:45 -0600
> You can't use the T32, at least not on-camera, because it is a dedicated
> flash and the two extra contacts may conflict with the dedicated
> contacts in the hot shoe (flash or camera may get damaged).

  Not so -- it's been working just fine for me. Manual/flash auto only,
no TTL, but on a digital it's easy enough to chimp to get things adjusted.

  That said, I now have an FL-50, and it rocks my socks, to put it
mildly. Builtin automatic zoom is very handy, it recycles a lot faster
than the T32, all the exposure and stuff magically work out okay, and
I've been surprised by how useful the pivot (as well as tilt) head is;
taking some interiors, I wanted to bounce flash a bit differently, so I
pointed the flash up and behind me, bounced the flash off that wall, and
got that bit of extra diffusion which did the trick. It's also easier to
manually dial up or down than a T32, because it has a lot more different
manually selectable power levels, rather than just full/half on the T32.

  -- dan