[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Epistemology sub-group - was perceived meaning of a ph

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Epistemology sub-group - was perceived meaning of a photo
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:43:22 -0200
on 9/10/2005 07:47, Andrew Fildes at afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> If he's arguing that there is an intermediate position between
> ignorance and real knowledge, I'd suspect that Plato goes on to argue
> (not prove, argue!) that that knowledge and belief are quite
> different things. Or at least gets Diotime to admit so.

Not in this writting I'm afraid ;-)
That's why I remember these lines so well.....

In Spanish, Socrates' answer is:
"Sócrates- Confesé a Diotime que tenía razón."

Not to burden Jaime with another translation, I'll try one myself:
"Socrates- I confessed Diotime (that I felt/thought) she was right."

But to finally admit Diotime's wisdom, Plato had to write four more pages in
my book.... !!.

Do a little googlin' to find an English translation, I remember to have
found a site named 'read Plato' sometime ago, but I'm afraid it's lost into
misarranged bookmarks.

Now, I'm sorry to have stepped into this thread without permission.
In fact, I was not following it until I read Peter's POV and figured out,
without enough basis (fundamento), what you were talking about.
Now I'm sorry to have missed the On-Topic part :^)

Enjoy,

Fernando.