[OM] Re: Please critique my scans

Subject: [OM] Re: Please critique my scans
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:15:53 +1000
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who critiqued my scans, I appreciate you taking
the time and offering your thoughts.

A couple of you mentioned seeing grain.  Maybe this was accentuated by
sharpening but looking at my original 'undoctored' scans the grain is quite
apparent.  Personally, I like seeing grain so this does not bother me at
all.  One thought I've had is maybe you are all too used to looking at
(virtually) grain-free color slide images, and GeeBee's excellent T400 CN
monochromes.  ;-)

Another thing some people mentioned was excessive contrast.  I had a
feeling about this myself so it was good to know other people saw the same
thing.  I'll go easier with the Levels adjustment in future!

Now I'll get back to studying the scanner software manual...maybe I'll even
give Vuescan a trial run.

Andrew McPhee