[OM] Re: Camera vs Rocks

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera vs Rocks
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:22:53 -0500
On 10/5/05, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Not to sound cold or unfeeling here, or anything like
> > that--and glory be for
> > Oly build quality--but do you suppose this other list member
> > could be enticed to post a link to the shot? <g>
>
> Well, I'll let him reveal himself with the killer shot.  The one
> I took (prior to the rock episode) isn't bad, in fact pretty
> good.  But sometimes there is a very fat line between pretty
> good and great.

I doubt I can live up to that billing, as doubtless the "killer shot"
is more like the one that got away than like my actual shot.  I'll try
to get a "fragment of my day" out there later on today.  I'm way
behind in list activity.  :(

> It's very interesting doing a shoot with another photographer as
> each has different goals and end uses for the photographs. I
> shoot certain types of photographs for use as backgrounds and
> other generic stock uses.  When I'm in that mindset, it's hard
> to back off the "quantity" and milk a particular scene for all
> it's worth.

You could have fooled me!  I think there is always some accommodation
when you're trying to shoot together, but I also get a lot out of
observing a different set of eyes and styles of shooting.  Ken and I
seem to be very similar in our ways out in the field.  It probably
helps that we've shot together before.  Though I've got to develop
more appreciation for monopods to keep up with him.

Joel W.