[OM] Camera vs Rocks

Subject: [OM] Camera vs Rocks
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I attempted to navigate a narrow ledge along a rushing
river to get a better shot. Unfortunately, it was really tight
and I couldn't negotiate it.  As I turned around, my shoulder
dislodged a wad of rocks which proceeded to rain down on my E-1.
One rather large one, five to ten pounds worth, landed on the
top of the camera.

My perch was rather precarious so I didn't have the liberty to
immediately investigate the damage or even pick the rocks off,
but to just let them fall off as I moved back to a safe
location.

Did you know that the metal under the paint is not black?

Suprisingly (and pleasingly), the only damage to the camera is
the removal of some paint on the prism hump.  No dent, nothing.
Just a paint scrape.

What bothered me most, though, is that the ideal shot was on the
other side of this passage.  Another list member nailed it, I
could only drool at the results.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com