[OM] Re: composition and how it changes perceived meaning of a photo

Subject: [OM] Re: composition and how it changes perceived meaning of a photo
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:14:17 -0700
Except it was not "art". It was a news photo. I did not see it
mentioned that it went beyond cropping to inserting a clenched fist
into the photo that was not there in the original. Considering the
context of a news article supposedly to inform it seems a dishonest
misuse of the medium to me.  But I am repeatedly surprised lately how
unconcerned people have become about dishonesty and unable to judge
the importance of the lie. To shrug it off and say nothing can be
said is to denigrate photographers and publications with some
integrity and the tradition they attempt to follow.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA