[OM] Re: copyright watermarks

Subject: [OM] Re: copyright watermarks
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:32:07 +0000
The Norton required a couple of minor parking lot tune-ups, nothing major, and
a chain adjustment or two, followed by a chain replacement.  More my fault than
the bike's.

The Harley had to make a visit to a dealer somewhere in Arizona to fix a bent
pushrod, had trouble breathing at high altitude, broke a chain, was a bit of a
PITA at various times.  But this was all before H-D cleaned up their act, so
don't think for a moment that today's Harleys are at all like that.

The Honda, a CB-550 4-cylinder, never missed a beat.  It just ran effortlessy
and smoothly all the way.  It pissed both me and the Harley rider off.  I later
got it in a trade, and it's in the basement as I write this, sitting right
beside the Norton.  The shame is, neither one's been started in over 10 years,
but they both are properly mothballed.  I have a generous offer for the pair,
which I'm considering.  I just hate to part with my toys.  :-(

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --