[OM] Re: E-500 specs (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 specs (long)
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:19:29 -0400
I'm going to agree here, and throw in another annoyance: I completely
despise the name "EVOLT". I guess the name is intended to sound like
"emote", which means "to express emotion". But, it drives me up the wall.
The letter "E" plus a number does just fine. I also don't like the name
"EOS", but at least it doesn't look like a misspelling!
 I think I recall reading that the Evolt term is only used for the American
market...i'm not sure why Olympus America thought the extra name was better.
 Cheers,
 Robert Swier
Toronto