[OM] Re: anyone used om lenses of MF bodies eg bronica etrs

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone used om lenses of MF bodies eg bronica etrs
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:54:12 -0400
I have a 24mm shift and 16mm fisheye which can be mounted to a mamiya 6x7
back. http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/jpegs/24mmshiftWith67body.jpg

The lens has been adapted by cutting off the scalloped top and bottom shades
and
removing the arm which signals the chosen f/stop to an Olympus 35mm SLR. But it

is still usable on my Olympuses as a shift lens with auto or stopped-down
metering.

Actually, any Oly lens will fit the body. The "Body" is hand-made with a Mamiya
6x7
roll back, and a T, B, 1 - 1/100 leaf shutter.

Expect some vignetting...

tOM

On 28 Sep 2005 at 10:42,
Piers Hemy <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think your proposal would work, Ian, as now described
> (forget about the previous problems with lens register and frame
> size).  When using the tandem lens arrangement, the idea is that
> characteristics of the "taking" lens on its originally-intended
> format are preserved, with the frame blown-up by the "erecting"
> lens. My use of a 4mm CCTV lens has not produced anything remotely
> like a fisheye image. So using a 24mm lens designed for 24x36 would
> result in a super-wide image, to be blown up to MF scale by a macro
> lens - but remaining a super-wide image.  If you wanted a fisheye
> image, you would need to use a fisheye 24x36 lens. It might be
> cheaper to get a 30mm MF fisheye from Kiev!
>
> --
> Piers

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714         +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences
 (`-/---/-')    attending too much liberty than to those attending
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  too small a degree of it.-Thomas Jefferson