[OM] Re: anyone used om lenses of MF bodies eg bronica etrs

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone used om lenses of MF bodies eg bronica etrs
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:42:24 +0100
I don't think your proposal would work, Ian, as now described (forget about
the previous problems with lens register and frame size).  When using the
tandem lens arrangement, the idea is that characteristics of the "taking"
lens on its originally-intended format are preserved, with the frame
blown-up by the "erecting" lens. My use of a 4mm CCTV lens has not produced
anything remotely like a fisheye image. So using a 24mm lens designed for
24x36 would result in a super-wide image, to be blown up to MF scale by a
macro lens - but remaining a super-wide image.  If you wanted a fisheye
image, you would need to use a fisheye 24x36 lens. It might be cheaper to
get a 30mm MF fisheye from Kiev!

--
Piers