[OM] Re: Am I going to regret my choice?

Subject: [OM] Re: Am I going to regret my choice?
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:08:50 -0500
Paul Braun wrote:
> While I am so far deliriously happy with my E1 (will be moreso once I
> figure out how some of the stuff works, and tame the exposure problems
> I'm having), I just read the specs on the E500 and the $800 ($900 with
> OM adapter) price tag, and wondering if I'll regret not waiting for the
> camera with more bells and whistles...

Or, maybe, I'm just standing outside the window of the toy store, seeing
the shiny new gizmo, and thinking "Ooooohhhh....pretty!" and not
realizing that I haven't used 1/3 of the capabilities of my current toy.

This is the mentality that gets people to replace perfectly good
computers for the newest one because the marketing people have told them
that if they don't have the latest "Intel Pentalator 7 with HMXPDS
technology" they just suck.

So, maybe I should just shut up and make good pictures with what I have.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins