[OM] Re: Exposure question with E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Exposure question with E1
From: jeff-keller@xxxxxxx (Jeff Keller)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 05:33:29 +0000
If the exposure is too dependent upon a narrow spot in the middle, your
exposure could be way off depending upon the scene. Your sequential shots at a
race could be similarly thrown off if the spot fell on a dark area as you
panned. Checking the E-1 specs the center weighted is spec'd at 6% versus 2%
for the center spot.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_body_spec.asp
I would recommend experimenting by checking the image after repeatedly shooting
a high contrast scene with the center spot intentionally pointed at different
light extremes using your current exposure settings then try it again with
exposure set to ESP..

-jeff