[OM] UK E-1 price

Subject: [OM] UK E-1 price
From: "James Royall" <jamesroyall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:32:22 +0100
I've been off the list for some weeks now thanks to my 6 week old
daughter sucking up all available time, and more, in the household. A
potential used camera trade has precipitated my return, as a member of a
local camera club has offered this:

Olympus E1 Digital Camera with Zuiko 2.8 - 3.5 14mm - 54mm zoom lens.
Purchsed January 2005 and used only a few times.    £550

I'll make no excuses as to why I'm interested; it would be to sell it
for profit on ebay and use the money to part fund an 11-22mm DZ when I
go to California to visit the in-laws for Christmas. The only trouble is
I'm having a hard time figuring out if there's any profit to be made at
this price level, as there is very little auction history and what is
there is not conclusive. There's one that sold for £700, but with a
'2.2Gb' memory card, and a refurb went for £750. The only other one went
for £526 but with the rubber grip coming off, which might indicate quite
heavy use of a relatively new camera. I've looked at ebay.de and prices
are not wildly different. So I'll probably not make much,
but just wanted to ask advice as I *need* to try and raise the cash
somehow.

The other factor would be whether the warranty is transferable, or if it
only applies to the original owner?

Thanks,
James
--