[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 test shot

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 test shot
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:26:01 +0100 (BST)

> Oh yeah!  I too use a tripod whenever possible.  Had too many
> potentially fine shots spoiled by movement.  Of course there are times
> when the tripod is too restrictive and in those cases I try to use a
> belt or neck pod.  Sure get some strange looks when I make pix in
> public.
>
> Thanks for the insight on the 80~200.  Tamron also offers a couple
> very fine 70~210 f/3.5 SP models.  Small loss of speed, but much more
> compact.  I prefer the two touch version.

I prefer two touch zooms in general,
I find if you point the 80-200 lens up or down at a reasonable angle you
get zoom creep. I guess its because so many elements in the 80-200 move
when you zoom the weight of the elements overcomes the friction.
At least 77mm is an available filter size. My bronica 100-220 zoom is 95mm
filter - ugh
Regards
James