[OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere

Subject: [OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:38:12 +0100

<snip>
You folks are making me worry.  I'm relatively high and dry.   Although
protected by levees, we will not get wet in Sugar Land unless the roof
get blown
off.  The main concern we have is the tornadoes associated with  the
storm.  I
am packing all (well, most) of my camera gear into cases and  putting
them in
plastic bags. We have a fairly secure interior room.  It  will all be
OK.
Bill Barber

</snip>

I haven't commented up to now as I know absolutely nothing about what is
about to hit you except what I have seen on the news and heard here on
this list.  News coverage can tend to be a little, er,
"sensationalistic" so I am basing my thoughts on people's comments here.

On this side of the ocean, I can vaguely remember one very windy night
in October 1987.  I imagine this is not a patch on what you guys get
fairly regularly.  Still, this caused fairly widespread devastation -
probably because we weren't prepared or used to it.

Anyway, I hope it is not too late to wish the very best of luck to
everyone there who is caught in the path of this latest onslaught.
Whether you choose to run, or stay and hold on tight, I shall be
thinking of you all.  Whatever you have chosen to do, stay safe and let
us know that you have made it through when it's all over.

Jon