[OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere

Subject: [OM] Re: If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:24:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/2005 3:08:52 PM Central Standard Time,
cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Don't  stick your head out the window "just to look".

Oh, I won't, however for those who have never been through a hurricane, it
is dead still when the eye of the storm passes over your area.

I remember a number of years ago when you could still work on your car if
you were so inclined, I had a power steering hose go out on my Suburban the day

the storm was blowing into Houston.  When I was taking the old hose off, a
little spring loaded valve popped out.  There were two ways you could put  it
back in the line . . . the wrong way or the right way.  It was a 50-50  deal
and I guessed wrong, so as the eye of the strom passed over, I dashed  back out
to the street, tools in hand, crawled under the truck and disconnected  the
hose and flipped the value around the other way.  Ah, power steering  again.
And then the wind and the rains came as the back half of the storm  passed
through.  This time, I'll just be sure my Suburban (the third one I  owned
since
the one with the broken power steering hose) is parked where I can  get to it
if
any trees get blown down and high enough to not get submerged in  water.
Bill Barber