[OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:51:08 +0100
I agree with Bill regarding the Tamron SP 60-300, and I can think of at
least two others on the list who likely will do too - one of them bought
mine.  It's close focus ability should suit you well, and the specifications
(semi-translated into English) are accessible here (part way down the
table): www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/TamronMFLenses.htm

It will get you to 1:1.5 repro ratio (a 2inch wide subject filling the
frame) which, if memory serves, it does at the 300mm end of the zoom range,
which is both unusual, and highly preferable for the added distance
provided.

If you wish to follow up on Bill's alternative suggestion, I have a friend's
75-150 to sell, boxed, with caps, and with the custom case.  Cosmetics are
not too good, but otherwise in fine condition, for not a great deal of $$$.
Let me know off list if interested.

--
Piers