[OM] Re: Om30 manual problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Om30 manual problem
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:45:17 -0500
Is there any sign of damage around the rewind knob, or is the switch loose?
That is where the switch that selects the modes is, and if there has been
impact to the area, the circuit may have been fractured.  If so, repair is
very unlikely, though on rare occasions it may be possible to bridge cracks
with solder and fine wire.  If the switch seems loose, the screws that hold
it (and provide ground connections) may be loose.  You can remove the knob
and unscrew the retaining nut underneath and lift the knob off to check.