[OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 65-200mm/F4?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:13:43 -0400
Darin Rhein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking about getting a new zoom lens, and was wondering what
> folks on the list have to say about the Zuiko 65-200mm/F4? It seems
> to have done well on Gary Reese's lens test page, but I'd like a few
> more opinions.
-----------------------------------

Many of the 65-200's have failed long ago due to a mysterious malady
causing their rear elements to go cloudy.  New rear elements have long
ago been used up repairing the bad ones.

I, however, happen to have one of the good ones and it's for sale.  I
have too many other lenses in this focal range.  Used to belong to
George Sears, I think.  Anyhow, someone on the list.  Only defect is a
tiny ding on the side of the built-in hood which was there when I got
it.  It also has some zoom creep which is adjustable on this lens
according to Clint.  I have instructions for adjusting it stashed
somewhere but have never attempted it.

I don't know what it's worth.  Maybe someone on the list has some
current data.  Probably won't see too many transactions because many of
them have died.

This malady started appearing many years ago and I figure that if mine
hasn't clouded up yet it's not going to. I'll offer a 30-day no
questions asked guarantee of satisfaction (if you pay return shipping)
and a one year guarantee against rear element clouding (I pay the
shipping).  Let's talk off list when I send you your missing pages.

Chuck Norcutt