[OM] I must be a masochist

Subject: [OM] I must be a masochist
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:46:15 -0300
It's 3:35pm (okay, 15:35 for the international time folks) on a Friday
 here and I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. Apparently,
his girlfriend needs a photo for a poster she's working on. They need
a LF shot because the poster is going to be blown up to something like
8' tall. They don't really have the budget to hire a pro photographer
for this (especially not to work with 4x5). But, I happen to own a 4x5
so my friend gave me a call. Oh, it's also a portrait and I don't
normally shoot portraits. They at least have the model but I've never
worked with her before. Nor am I exactly all that experienced with my
4x5 in the first place (as in I've run a couple rolls of 120 film
through it with a roll film back). Oh, and they need the shot by
Monday so we have to shoot it this weekend and hope the pro lab can do
rush processing on the sheet film on Monday. Oh, did I mention that
hurricane/tropical strom Ophelia is due to hit here this weekend? So
it's looking like it's going to be studio shot, I don't do studio
work. They've got the studio lights but I've never used the setup.

Why do I get the feeling this is a recipe for disaster?

Still, at the very least it'll be my first paid photo gig. Not sure
though if I want to build my reputation as a pro on being the person
you call when you need something done on ridiculously short notice and
you don't have the budget to hire a "real" pro.