[OM] Re: Restaurant photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: Restaurant photography?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:50:34 -0400
Dan, are you planning to make wide shots of the entire restaurant?  Or
focus on a table of guests and particular dishes?

I shot some restaurant pix many years ago (no idea where they are now)
and would suggest the latter.

Since food is usually the most important element of a review, you
might want to shoot some dishes up close using your tripod and
existing light and letting the background drop out of focus and simply
provide 'atmosphere'.

If you're shooting digital, it's always best to WB on-site, in camera.
 If film, consider including a MacBeth or Kodak reference strip.

FWIW/ScottGee1