[OM] Colchester Camera Repairs - 35RD still not right

Subject: [OM] Colchester Camera Repairs - 35RD still not right
From: Jonas Otter <jonas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:10:52 +0200
My trusty OM-1 suffered from shutter capping and since the OM repair people I
could locate here in Sweden were very reluctant to promise any sort of results,
I tried sending it to Ffordes.

They took a very long time, two or three months, but it came back nicely packed
and now seems to work properly. An enclosed check list says that they have
tested all functions, replaced the mirror foam and repaired the shutter unit.
On a couple of pictures I took at 1/1000 s, there appears to be a very slight
shading at one end of the negative, as if the shutter became slightly fast
towards one end of the frame, but I can't be sure that it is actually the
camera.

The repair cost be something like £50 + postage which was very reasonable
compared to Swedish prices.

I don't know if they did it themselves or if they sent it away somewhere, I
seem to remember some mention of "Camtech" or something like that, maybe it
went to the US?

This is the only time I have used Ffordes, so I can't make a general
recommendation, just to say that this repair went OK and based on that I would
probably send them the next camera that needed repair.

Jonas