[OM] Raging against the dying of the (analog) light

Subject: [OM] Raging against the dying of the (analog) light
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:11:36 -0300
Just thought I'd share this.

I'm taking a continuing education B&W photo class at the local art
college. I've taken it before but it's a great way to get motivated to
do some more shooting and I get access to great darkroom facilities.

So today I picked up 4 rolls of Plus-X, 4 rolls of Tri-X and a box of
50 4x5 sheets of T-Max 100 (all the store had in B&W sheet film). Have
to have 1 of the rolls of Tri-X shot for next Tuesday to process (I've
done it plenty of times before so I'll be grouped with people who
haven't so I can help them out).

Of course all the 35mm film will be run through my trusty pair of
OM-1n's. But my main goal for the class is to get out with the 4x5
since it's been languishing in the basement for awhile and could
really use some exercise.

I think I have some 11x14 sheets of FB paper left from the last B&W
course I took, looking forward to printing on fibre again. If I start
getting some decent shots with the 4x5 then I'll see about pushing it
to 16x20 or bigger.

Feels really good to be doing my little part to keep film alive.