[OM] Re: Lighting ideas for use with OM and e-1 cameras - watch out, thi

Subject: [OM] Re: Lighting ideas for use with OM and e-1 cameras - watch out, this is on topic!
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:48:17 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>Does anyone out there in Zuikoland have any suggestions for a simple
>>effective lighting setup which could be used to give the appearance of a soft
>>
>>natural window light?
>
> If I could figure out how to simulate window light I might be rich.  I
> have no idea about how well this might work but the first thing that
> comes to mind is a really large diffuser.  What comes to mind is Scott
> Smith's large diffuseion panels made from rip stop nylon and PVC pipe
> frames....

Or you could try the bargain basement approach. The diffusion panel in
this case is a shower curtain liner.
<http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=stevegoss&p=cruisin&AID=2081314>
I think the problem with my setup was that the movie light I was using
also lit up the wall behind the flower.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa